BowTieXP - Virtual Risk Assessment
BowtieXP is the most used risk assessment software that is based on the bowtie method. It enables you to easily create bowtie diagrams to assess risk. BowTieXP is unique in its ability to visualize complex risks in a way that is understandable, yet also allows for detailed risk-based improvement plans.
A bowTie diagram visualizes the risk you are dealing with in one understandable picture. The diagram is shaped like a bow tie, creating a clear differentiation between the proactive and reactive side of risk management. In BowTieXP, the bowtie diagram provides you an overview of multiple plausible incident scenarios and shows what barriers you have in place to control these scenarios.
BowTieXP software is developed with the end-user in mind, making it one of the most user-friendly risk assessment tools. It is easy to create a diagram in BowTieXP, but the software also enables you to maintain the diagram so it will always represent the current status of your safety barriers.
- BowTieXP makes the risk assessment process highly interactive. Through the BowTieXP Workshop Process, more relevant risk information is aptured and stored in the BowTie diagram.
- No matter at what level of detail you will be analying the risk, BowTieXP keeps track of the big picture for you.
- BowTieXP has a laser focus on helping you to identify what needs to be done to deal effectively with the risk.
- BowTieXP provides the ideal visualisation for thinking through what happens when multiple risk scenarios occur simultaneously.
- BowtieXP diagrams is designed from the ground up to be easily communicable and provides you with many option to tailor the diagram for your audience(s).
- BowTieXP diagrams is designed to effectively communicate the risk context of the work environment, targeting the single greatest cause of mistake-based incidents.