The full incident investigation and analysis tool
Investigator 3 is a powerful incident investigation and analysis software tool. It is the only tool to combine the three best practice incident investigation and analysis methods; the Kelvin TOP-SET incident investigation methodology, the Tripod Beta incident analysis methodology and the Root Cause Analysis method.
Investigator 3 guides users through each stage of the investigation process, from writing the initial incident statement right through to the production of a standardized report. Investigator 3 truly is the ultimate tool for the efficient and effective investigation of high potential, complex incidents.
- Investigator 3 follows the renowned TOP-SET incident investigation methodology to plan, structure and manage the entire incident investigation process.
- The TOP-SET method is straightforward and easy to use and produces high-quality consistent results.
- Investigator 3 uses a structured process to ensure ‘nothing is missed’ and that the information gathered is relevant and of a sufficient quality to allow an effective incident analysis.
- When improving or even removing the imperfect working environment of organizations, the number of human errors will be decreased radically. This is the basis of the Tripod method.
- By analyzing barriers to ascertain if they were bypassed or broken the investigator can identify areas where improvements can be made to prevent recurrence of incidents.
- Root Cause Analysis is a simple and straightforward incident analysis technique, which provides a lot of freedom in explaining the causality in the incident: what caused what?
- The Root Cause Analysis aims to get to the bottom of your incident. When knowing and removing the actual root causes, similar and more incidents can be prevented.